This year’s Thanksgiving was a low-key affair… a few friends, smaller proportions of food, still fun nonetheless.
I made my upgraded version of the Sweet Potato Casserole, which was well-received last year. Using the recipe from AllRecipes.com, this time I added glazed pecans under the marshmellows to top it off.
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Casserole (Serves 4)
* 2-1/2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons low fat margarine
* 1 tablespoon orange juice
* 1 pinch ground cinnamon
* 1/2 (10.5 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
You’ll also see my friend Peter and his Dad. Peter prepared the turkey, experimented with a Roasted Garlic Soup, and finished off with homemade Creme Brulee which was to die for (really, if you had too much that is!).