It’s quite rare to find good original Mac games nowadays, and while original might not be the right word for Freeverse’s soon to be released Neon Tango, it does remix elements from games we love, such as Asteroids, Geometry Wars, and Time Pilot. There seems to be this trend of remaking vintage games with new spiffy graphics, especially from game consoles developers for Xbox Live, Sony PSP, and so on. Just add multiplayer and I’d be sold.
Here’s what we know about it:
– Psychedelic retro arcade shoot-em-up genre.
– 50 stages of glowing enemies and pulsating bosses.
– Ability to bounce your shots off of walls and enemies
– Ability to charge up your cannon to deliver massive energy blasts
– Ability to stop time.
– Ability to use hyper thrusters.
– Uses OpenGL graphics.
– Killer soundtrack from Digital Droo.
– Three game modes: Campaign, Survival and Fast Score.
– Comes out on 5th February for $24.95
As you can see in what’s possibly the first video of Neon Tango’s gameplay, it looks quite fun. 🙂