Being a fan of digitizing life experiences, this is a mutual crowdsourced approach to promote the sharing of personal (hopefully authentic) Singaporean stories online. I see this storytelling as a much needed re-creation of lore, as a remedy to the alienation of modern society from cultural history.
From now until the end of December, the NHB has embarked on an “Explore Singapore!” campaign, where there are more than 86 activities to choose from. Of note is NHB’s first ever Heritage Photoblogging contest where participants stand to win Nikon Cameras, including a fancy D40 kit.
To take part in NHB’s photoblogging contest, simply follow these easy steps:
- Attend an “Explore Singapore!” event and take loads of photos.
- Blog about your experience, complete with your photographs.
- Register your blog post URL at the Explore Singapore! Heritage In Pictures web page.
- Once approved, your blog post will be on the contest listings.
- Check back regularly to see if your entry is up.
- Spread the word by displaying this blog widget
Celebrity photographer Dominic Khoo will select the winners, who will receive an exclusive National Heritage Board winners’ certificate to be placed on their blogs. Registration is open from 10 November 2007 to 31 December 2007.