As quietly as Apple released the new MacBooks, I quietly show you a video walkthrough of it. Frankly speaking, I thought I’d be the first to show a video of it, but CNet beat me to the punch. At least I get to show you the evil black one, so if you prefer to see a skinny Asian geek over a sleepy CNet chick, then watch mine instead. This is really meant for folks who don’t have an Apple Store close by but can’t wait to see more of it. I feel your pain!
In this theorycast special, I’ll answer the following:
1. How heavy is this darn thing?
2. Where do the sleep light and IR go?
3. Does it have the dreaded battery coin-latch?
4. Where are the magnetic latch?
5. How does the new keyboard feel?
6. How does the glossy screen look?
7. How’s the built-in iSight camera?
8. How does Xbench rate this MacBook?
9. How fast does iMovie HD go?
10. How fast does iPhoto 6 go?
Update: On a somewhat related note, watch these workers literally peel open the new Apple Cube Store along 5th Ave in Manhattan, New York.