Photo taken at 01:02:03 04/05/06 by ravensview
What started from a singularity post by social tools guru, Stowe Boyd, has now turned into a
worldwide regional frenzy of human-level connectedness at 01:02:03 04/05/06.
Don’t take my word for it… just look at the hilarious responses I’ve gotten from the original SingularityMeme suggestion! Everyone really sent in what they were doing, and if that isn’t enough for you, watch for more action over at Technorati!
Many of you pointed out how this wasn’t really a Singularity event, since the 01:02:03 04/05/06 could occur differently:
1. According to where you live in the world
2. According to the time/date format you subscribe to
3. Depending on whether it’s the morning or afternoon
4. Since 06 would occur again though we won’t live to see it (i.e. 2106, 3106)
In any case, here are the highlights of today’s meme…
- Melissa said: I am in the US, and I was watching Will ad Grace. Now, I am writting this, and then I am going to sleep.
- Tim Chambers found me while googling for “01:02:03 04/05/06” and shared his preference for late night shows… “I’ve been watching Jay Leno on The Tonight Show. I like to surf between Leno and Letterman. I like Craig Ferguson better than either of them.”
- Will B says: This is the top Google result for “01:02:03:04:05:06” at this moment in history. Congratulations on a blog-spherian indirect Ray Kurzweil Advertisement, just Perfect for our era. Does the publisher know? Whole, Perfect and Complete. One moment to acknowledge, each moments entire uniqueness. [My response: I don’t think the publisher knows, unfortunately]
- Cliff Cordes says: And my upside caclulator says ShELL OIL. But where will I be at 12:34:56 07/08/09. Now can I go to bed?
- alias1 says: Well, I left my ISE lecture with about 1 hour to go, headed to the uni bar and started drinking. At exactly 01:02:03 04/05/06 I finished my 07th beer. 7 beers in an hour == pretty damn drunk. And I had class after that, and an exam tommorow. w00t!
Then again, there’ll always be people like Elia Diodati who just refuse to accept this as a distortion of space/time continuum.
Why did so many people Google this date and time?
I guess everyone saw how unique (or auspicious) the numbers were and wanted to see if there were any significance to it. Since there was none, we created one and BOOM, we have contact. Where there is no meaning, rest assured we as humans create one. That’s ART!